Sunday, March 12th
- Pre-register and pay online, here on this page, from February-1- 28th
- YOU MUST pre-register to enter
- Entry fee is $30 (includes your brunch ticket)
- Additional Brunch guests tickets at $20 each
- One Entry of original Art, per Member
- DROP OFF your artwork on Friday March 3 from 1:30-4:30 pm OR on Saturday, March 4 from 9 am-Noon
- 2D artwork limited to 40” on any side (including frame)
- 3D pieces must fit on a pedestal and be no wider than 18”
NEW THIS YEAR!
The Show will be open Mon.-Fri., March 6-10, in the studios, (which are free of classes that week) from 9-4. Come in and vote for your favorite piece for the People’s Choice Award.
Please join us for the Awards Presentation & Brunch on Sunday, March 12th, under the Pavilion at the studios.
The Gallery will be open from 11:00 AM, and “People’s Choice” votes must be in by 12:45 PM.
A delicious brunch catered by Laubster’s Catering will start at 12:15. Presentations of ribbons, and awards will start at 1:30
For questions and information, please contact Anne Dall at email@example.com or 802-522-0944
ANNUAL MEMBERS SHOW RULES & INFO, 2023
On March 12th, 2023, AWI will present the 65th Annual Members’ Show at the Studio Gallery. This year’s event will feature a Jazz/brunch starting at 12:15 PM, with gallery viewing starting at 11:00 AM, followed by the awards presentation at 1:30pm. Admission to the Gallery show is free.
ENTERING THE SHOW
The entry fee for the 65th Members’ Show is $30 (includes your Brunch). Additional Brunch guests will be $20pp. Checks are payable to: Artists’ Workshop, Inc. or register and pay online at www.artistsworkshopnsb.com , starting February 1st. You must register your artwork before you come to drop it off! You can do this online February 1-28th, or you can fill out the paper form and mail it in, or you can bring the paperwork to the studios M-F from 10-3. If you have questions or need help with this please call the Studio offices at 386-424-9254. This year we are offering two times to bring your artwork in to the studios: please come on Friday, March 3, from 1:30-4:30 PM, or on Saturday morning, March 4, from 9-Noon. Please bring your entry with a completed label attached to the back of your 2-D pieces. 3-D pieces must be accompanied with completed label to be placed beneath or alongside the entry. A signed “Waiver of Liability” is required for entry which can be filled out at drop off.
One piece of artwork per person is allowed. Water media that requires covering must use Plexiglas or Acrylic. Pastel work may use glass. Proper framing requires using strong braided wire that is securely attached on the back, approximately one third down from the frame top. This enables the artwork to lay flat against the wall. No sawtooth hangers, fishing line, plastic or other materials will be accepted. Wrapped canvases must have painted edges, if not framed. Multiples must be displayed with one hanger, (meaning all panels must be firmly connected within the 40” size limit).
White, off-white, gray or black mats are preferred, but if colored mats are important to your piece’s presentation, they are acceptable. Simplicity in framing is recommended for a judged show. Size limitations apply. Work weighing more than 25 lbs. cannot be hung with our setup and will not be accepted. 2-D artwork must not exceed 40” on any side, including the frame. 3-D artwork must fit on a pedestal and be no wider than 18”, with a few exceptions determined by the Members show chairman. Clay pieces require felt pads to protect the glass or wood surfaces for display. Smaller works are encouraged to enable as many members to participate in the show as space allows. Multiples of 3-D artwork must be connected on a base within the 18” size limit.
ELIGIBILITY / RULES
- AWI dues must have been paid by December 12, 2022, three months prior to the date of the Members’ Show to enter.
- No theme, your choice of medium and your style. Only original artwork in oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, drawing, mixed media, photography or sculpture and Digital media will be accepted that meet the above requirements and the following rules. Artwork must be of the artist’s own concept and design. Original art only means your own concept and design! If you use a published image from the internet, from another artist, (or elsewhere) for your inspiration, you MUST alter it significantly to make it your own.
- We rely on members’ integrity to enter work that is independent of instruction by a teacher, workshop, or online class instruction. Your piece must not have been in the Annual Member’s Show before, or won an award in any of AWI’s judged shows. It must have been completed less than 2 years ago.
- We reserve the right to remove any entry not in compliance with eligibility rules. No refund will be issued.
- “Waiver of Liability” forms must be completed upon entry of artwork. We handle all artwork with a great deal of care but cannot be accountable for loss or damage. You may insure your artwork.
- AWI may use images of exhibited artwork on our website and/or in publicity materials giving credit to the artists.
- Pre-register and pay here on this page, February 1st -28th, 2023
- You must register your artwork before you come to drop it off! (See above options in paragraph 2.) Paper Registration form below
- Your Artwork MUST be received by March 4, 2023
- Bring your entries to the Artists’ Workshop Studios Friday, March 3, from 1:30-4:30 PM, or on Saturday morning, March 4, from 9-Noon.
- Artwork pick-up will be March 31.