On March 6th, 2021, AWI presents the 63rd Annual Members’ Show at the Studio Gallery. This is Champagne and Desserts gallery viewing from 6-7pm followed by the awards presentation promptly at 7:30pm. Admission is free! A Prospectus with labels and other important information will be available on our website later this year.
The entry fee for the Annual Members’ Show is $30, we are not charging admission to the show this year. Checks are payable to: Artists’ Workshop, Inc. or register and pay online at www.artistsworkshopnsb.com , starting February 1st. Art check-in will be Friday Feb 26th starting at 1:30pm at the Artists’ Workshop on 540 Barracuda Blvd. NSB. Please bring your entry with completed labels attached to the back of your 2-D pieces. The 3-D pieces must be accompanied with completed labels to be placed beneath or alongside the entry. Your signed Prospectus and signed “Waiver of Liability” are required for entry. NO LATE ENTRIES.
One piece of artwork per person is allowed. Water media requiring covering must use Plexiglas or Acrylic. Pastel work may use glass. Proper framing requires using strong braided wire that is securely attached on the back approximately one third down from the frame top. This enables the artwork to lay flatly against the wall. No sawtooth hangers, fishing line, plastic or other materials will be accepted. Wrapped canvases must have painted edges, if not framed. Multiples must be displayed with one hanger, (meaning all panels must be firmly connected within the 40” size limit).
Mats must be white (preferred), off-white, gray or black. Simplicity in framing is critical when judging. Size limitations apply. Work weighing more than 25 lbs.’ cannot be hung with our setup and will not be accepted. No 2-D artwork can exceed 40” in any direction including the frame. 3-D artwork must fit on a pedestal and be no wider than 18”, with a few exceptions determined by the Members show chairman. Clay pieces require felt pads to protect the glass or wood surfaces for display. Smaller works are encouraged to enable as many members to participate in the show as space allows. Multiples of 3-D artwork must be connected on a base within the 18” size limit.
- AWI dues must have been paid by December 6, 2020, three months prior to the date of the Members’ Show to enter. Article X, Exhibition Rules, Section 1, of the Artists’ Workshop Inc. Bylaws.
- No theme, your choice of medium and your style. Only original artwork in oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, drawing, mixed media, photography or sculpture and Digital media will be accepted that meet the above requirements and the following rules. Artwork must be of the artist’s own concept and design.
- Artwork that has been previously shown in an Annual Members’ Show, has won an award in an AWI judged show, or is over two years old will not be accepted. We rely on members’ integrity to enter work that is independent of instruction by a teacher, workshop or online class instruction.
- Artwork found to be copied from other artists’ work will forfeit any awards.
- We reserve the right to remove any entry not in compliance with eligibility rules. No refund will be issued.
- “Waiver of Liability” forms must be completed upon entry of artwork. We handle all artwork with a great deal of care but cannot be accountable for loss or damage. You may insure your artwork. AWI may use images of exhibited artwork on our website and/or in publicity materials giving credit to the artists.
- Due to the limited space of our Studio Gallery, if we receive more than “95” ninety-five entries for the show, the show will become a juried show and selected by our judge. Entry fees will not be returned to works removed from juried show.
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Pre-register and pay at our website opening February 1st, 2021: www.artistsworkshopinc.com before February 25th, 2021.
February 26, 2021 Art Check-in starting at 1:30pm at the Artists’ Workshop Studios.
Artwork pick up Will be April 26 & 27 time to be determined.
Any questions or concerns, please contact Melissa Schwenn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-415-2776.