So many exciting events you can participate in!
1. Clay Open Studio
2. Invitation to participate in the Plein Air Paintout in Flagler Beach
3. Invitation to display your art in Deleon Springs
4. Wekiva Paintout
5. MC Escher at the Museum of Art.
1. We are adding a new Open Studio opportunity on Fridays! Today, February 16, was the first time for this.You can work on your clay projects all day starting at 9:30 am to 3:00 pm. Some Fridays might interfere with workshops that are usually held on long weekends, so if in doubt, please contact Margaret Anglin or Tim Sullivan.
2. You are cordially invited to:
GOLA’s 11th Annual Plein Air Paintout
April 4 thru 11th, 2108
Gallery of Local Art (GOLA)
208 S. Central Ave, Flagler Beach, FL 32136
Please visit galleryoflocalart.com for details, schedule, etc. On the website, go to MORE and drop down to Call to Artists. They would love for us to join them and make the paint out a success. Space is limited so enter as soon as possible!
3. You are invited to apply for the Sixth Annual
Art Among The Trees
Juried Fine Art, Fine Craft and Music Festival
Saturday April 14th, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Presented by the DeLeon Springs Community Association, Inc.
on the grounds of the Porter House, 5030 Highway 17 N. in DeLeon Springs
This year’s juried Festival will offer cash prizes awarded in three categories: $300.00 Award for Best of Show, $300 Award for Best Fine Art, and $300 Award for Best Fine Craft. There will also be 1st, 2nd and 3rd place ribbons awarded in all categories. Judges will be our own Cathy Berse and Ruth Squitieri.
Application deadline is March 30th but space is limited and first paid/first reserved. If you have displayed with them in the past, there is no need to send photos of your work, as they have it on file. You may also obtain applications by visiting www.deleonspringscommunityassociation.com and clicking on the ‘Events’ tab.
Ruth speaking here: I have been judging this little festival many times in the past and I have to say that the community spirit is very strong there and it's always a great time. If you don't want to display, maybe make a day out of it and drive over there to view the arts and crafts, enjoy food and musical gigs.
4. The 12th annual Wekiva Paintout runs March 11-17. Participating artists include AWI members Cathy Berse, Scott Hiestand and Ruth Squitieri. Walk around the area and bump into many of the 26 artists painting on location during the week, then stop by the wet gallery to view the works done during that time.
5. Don't forget the awesome exhibit of the works of M. C. Escher at the Museum of Art in Deland. His work truly shows the value of fine drawing to bring still life and imagination to life. He also is a master in distorting and creating 'impossible constructions' that are both 'precise and surreal’. It runs til March 25.
Have a great weekend, and as always: Happy Painting and Sculpting!
The AWI Blog is written by Ruth Squitieri, Publicity Chair, AWI. You may contact Ruth with comments, questions or suggestions at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, feel free to comment to each individual blog post directly.
The Artists' Workshop of New Smyrna Beach strives to enrich the community by offering a supportive, vibrant environment which promotes opportunities to learn, create, exhibit and appreciate the arts.
PO Box 1194
New Smyrna Beach
540 Barracuda Blvd
New Smyrna Beach
115 Canal St
New Smyrna Beach